Have you ever wondered how all those puppets that you see on television and in movies are made? This week we will channel The Muppets and friends as we build our very own foam-patterned hand puppet. We will learn the fundamentals of creating a character and develop new skills as we construct our foam-patterned hand & rod puppet, manipulating its final look through the use of color, texture, different materials, and movement.**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, August 6- 10 9:30am to 3:30pm, Citizens' Hall, Stockbridge
- Summer Camp (Ages 11-14)
- First Lesson
- Mon, Aug 6 2018
Campers at this age bring a growing independence and ability to handle more complex ideas and art processes, as well strong awareness of real-world issues. We introduce campers directly to the creative practice of working artists and give them the tools to lead their own discovery. Projects are often sustained throughout the week and campers and encouraged to explore on their own as well as in collaborative partnerships.
What does the week look like?
- A lead artist-teacher and assistant guide the activities throughout the day.
- A visiting artist comes in to offer a different outlook and media for 2 afternoons, Mondays and Wednesdays (unless noted).
- Break for lunch and outdoor free time is between 12-1
- The week ends with an art show with family and friends.