Join the Circus!
Welcome to the Big Top! Young artists will create all kinds of attractions for the one and only IS183 Circus. Taking inspiration from Alexander Calder, we’ll make our own 3-ring spectacle filled with miniature lion tamers, dancing pups, and high-wire daredevils...or, whatever else we can think up. On the last day, we’ll put it all together and make a video of the show. The only limit: our imaginations.**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, August 13-17 9:30am to 3:30pm, Montessori School of the Berkshires, Lenox Dale
- Summer Camp (Ages 6-7)
- First Lesson
- Mon, Aug 13 2018
Camps for 6 and 7 year olds introduce projects, methods and themes in a larger real-world context and take advantage of increased fine-motor skills. We celebrate more intentional marks and the ability to write while encouraging lively imaginations! Collaborations, more multi-step projects, and of course lots of outdoor experiences are highlights of the week.
- Campers work collaboratively and individually with the guidance of a lead artist and assistant. A visiting artist creates in clay with the campers on Tuesday afternoon
- We start with a morning meeting and then get busy with hands-on exploration, incorporating stories, outside discovery and playtime throughout the day
- Break for lunch and outdoor play between 12-1
- The week concludes with an art show with family and friends