Water is fascinating! It puddles, swirls and sprays, and also makes it possible for boats to float and plants to grow! This week's creativity will focus on the water cycle, rivers, and people who live near water. Some of our fun will include paper boats, floating pigment paintings, growing and watering plants, and shaping our own clay planter! **Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, June 18-22 9:30am to 3:30pm, Montessori School of the Berkshires, Lenox Dale
- Summer Camp (Ages 6-7)
Mary Beth Eldridge, Ben Evans
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jun 18 2018
Camps for 6 and 7 year olds introduce projects, methods and themes in a larger real-world context and take advantage of increased fine-motor skills. We celebrate more intentional marks and the ability to write while encouraging lively imaginations! Collaborations, more multi-step projects, and of course lots of outdoor experiences are highlights of the week.
- Campers work collaboratively and individually with the guidance of a lead artist and assistant. A visiting artist creates in clay with the campers on Tuesday afternoon
- We start with a morning meeting and then get busy with hands-on exploration, incorporating stories, outside discovery and playtime throughout the day
- Break for lunch and outdoor play between 12-1
- The week concludes with an art show, when campers with family and friends