Embark on a journey into the world of shape and design! All week we will combine organic and geometric elements to create dynamic, multifaceted works of art, like radial mandalas, 3D geometric hanging sculptures, string art, or constellation inspired drawings using oil pastels. We will design geometric patterns, using natural materials as your canvas, and imprint geometric designs onto colorful, curvy backgrounds using plastic wrap. Come hang with us as we flatten objects and assemble dynamic works of art!**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, July 9-13 9:30am to 3:30pm, Montessori School of the Berkshires, Lenox Dale
- Summer Camp (Ages 8-10)
Brielle Rizzotti, Lorimer Burns
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jul 9 2018
Campers at this age love to broaden their use of materials, sustain projects over multiple days, and work creatively together. We encourage this age to view challenges as opportunities and “mistakes” as open doors, and to develop ideas and projects from their mix of rational and imaginative energy. More critical reflection is encouraged, while play still remains essential!
What does the week look like?
- Each camp has one lead artist-teacher and one assistant, as well as one visiting artist- usually in clay- on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
- The day is split into morning and afternoon exploration units. Outside discovery is included throughout the day
- Break for lunch and outdoor free play is between 12-1
- The week concludes with an art show with family and friends