This week, let's discover the many ways you can capture a person in a portrait. Taking inspiration from different approaches and artists, we'll make abstract cubist faces, negative space collage images, paper maché self-portraits and even a group portrait! All our projects will explore what it means to make a likeness of someone, in any time and place.**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, June 25-29 9:30am to 3:30pm, Montessori School of the Berkshires, Lenox Dale
- Summer Camp (Ages 8-10)
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jun 25 2018
Campers at this age love to broaden their use of materials, sustain projects over multiple days, and work creatively together. We encourage this age to view challenges as opportunities and “mistakes” as open doors, and to develop ideas and projects from their mix of rational and imaginative energy. More critical reflection is encouraged, while play still remains essential!
What does the week look like?
- Each camp has one lead artist-teacher and one assistant, as well as one visiting artist- usually in clay- on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
- The day is split into morning and afternoon exploration units. Outside discovery is included throughout the day
- Break for lunch and outdoor free play is between 12-1
- The week concludes with an art show with family and friends